Do people mispronounce your name often? Well, LinkedIn will be released a new feature to make the experience better for its users.LinkedIn on Wednesday(i.e. 8th July 2020) announced a new feature that would allow users to upload audio clips to help others to pronounce their names correctly. Many times when you get interview calls, people frequently end up mispronouncing your name but this sensible move by Linkedin will solve all such problems.
“Starting this week we are adding an audio recording feature to your Profile so you’ll have the ability to create a recording of your name pronunciation, which will then be clickable on your profile. Once you add a recording, other members visiting your profile can quickly listen to the recording to better understand your pronunciation preference and, subsequently, ensure they can correctly say your name. You can also listen to other members’ pronunciations by visiting their profiles when they have added a recording,” Joseph Akoni, Product Manager at LinkedIn announced in a blog post.
LinkedIn states that the audio can only be added through the mobile app but the recording can be played on both the web and the app version.
Here is how you can add audio clips to your profile on your LinkedIn
- Tap your profile picture and then select View Profile. *After opening your profile, click on the Edit option.
- You will find a Record name pronunciation option when you tapped on Edit. Tap and record your name.
- If you want to make changes or redo it, you can click on the Edit icon to delete or replace the existing recording.
- To record your name, tap on the recording button and hold to record your name.
- Once you are finished recording your name, click on the Use button if you are satisfied with your recording and don’t want to make any changes to it.
- Once you complete all the above-mentioned steps, tap Save and add the clip to your profile.
It is important to see that the total recording time should not be more than 10 seconds. So do not take a lot of time in pronouncing your own name. When you start recording, make sure that there is no background noise as it would make it difficult for people to hear your recording. While you are at it, speak very clearly and softly and pronounce each syllable clearly. Linkedin will roll out the feature for all its users across the world in the coming months.